Tuesday, May 1, 2007

Re: Old Email Subject Lines

I'm sorry its taken me to get back into my blog. I just haven't had anything that I truly felt was worth while to add. However, I the topic just came up. Look, I'm not purposely using my blog as a venting tool, but maybe I should. Perhaps sometime I will add a happy entry in the future.
OK, now to the meat of it- "Reply Emails" are very convenient. Someone sends you a message, and you simply hit reply, and send a message right back. This might sound like Jay Leno, but how lazy are we as a society when we can't take a half second to start a new email, enter the recipients address and put in a short, simple fresh subject line? My case in point- I can't stand it when peeps email me, as a reply from an email that I sent to them weeks or even months ago. On top of that, their message has NOTHING to do with the info found in the lower portion of the email. I'm pretty sure its safe to say that pretty much every email program out there will remember someone's email address after you have received just one email, or sent just one email to that person. So to start a new email, alls you have to do is start typing the persons name and the options magically appear for you to choose. WOW! Was that too difficult?
I have a peeps that frequently send me emails, replying to one that I sent to them a long time ago. They can't seem to just go start a new email and subject line...no. They reply to an old email, with a subject line that has nothing to do with what they are inquiring about. So, unless I change the subject line in my reply to them, there is no way of tracking the communication in an effective way. Just today, I had someone get all confused about my reply to them because I purposely didn't change the subject line in my reply because I was playing them at their own game. And guess what happened? They got all confused because my reply didn't match the subject line that they originally didn't change in the reply to an old email that I originally sent to them about something else. Please be considerate of information and subject lines in emails, and don't just reply to an old one because you are too lazy to start a new one. I think that we will all be a lot happier, or at least I will anyway.

1 comment:

Aimee said...

Danny - I will make sure to be aware of all my subject lines to you.

Acutally I do understand your reasoning though.

Thanks for the blog. We've missed you.